Merlin's Magic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAW: The Ride (Eurofighter Rollercoaster)

5 posters

Go down

SAW: The Ride (Eurofighter Rollercoaster) Empty SAW: The Ride (Eurofighter Rollercoaster)

Post by Daniel Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:45 pm

Have you faced your fears yet on Thorpe Park's latest attraction SAW: The Ride, a thrilling eurofighter rollercoaster with a more than vertical drop of 100 degrees?
Daniel
Daniel
Admin

Back to top Go down

SAW: The Ride (Eurofighter Rollercoaster) Empty Re: SAW: The Ride (Eurofighter Rollercoaster)

Post by Air Dan Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Not ridden SAW yet, I'm not going to until the end of April. Sad

Anyway. The advert for SAW was released just yesterday! Here it is.

Air Dan
Air Dan
Merlin's Magic Member

Back to top Go down

SAW: The Ride (Eurofighter Rollercoaster) Empty Re: SAW: The Ride (Eurofighter Rollercoaster)

Post by Coaster tomo Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:08 pm

SAW The Ride is a good coaster for Thorpe Park but the problem is that the coaster is too short.
Coaster tomo
Coaster tomo
Merlin's Magic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielW Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Coaster tomo wrote:SAW The Ride is a good coaster for Thorpe Park but the problem is that the coaster is too short
Yea I feel the same way however, I do feel that some effort has been put into the themeing of the coaster and that makes up for it for me. Smile

Just found this video on YouTube of the On-Ride DVD system in operation. The DVD is of good quality, just would have been good if the cameras were infrared and showed the dark ride section.
DanielW
DanielW
Merlin's Magic Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Cool! Thanks for the link.

Yeah must agree shame that it does not record the indoor section, where I would have thought most people would have priceless face expressions!
Daniel
Daniel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaster tomo Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:26 pm

Have you noticed when you go down the 100 degrees drop and straight into the Immelmann your head does bang a lot. But SAW The Ride is still a very good coaster for Thorpe Park.
Coaster tomo
Coaster tomo
Merlin's Magic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:30 pm

Yeah, there is a quite a large jolt at the bottom of the drop although it seems to be worse / better on different trains.
Daniel
Daniel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaster tomo Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:41 pm

And another querey why arn't Thorpe Park running all eight trains on SAW The Ride because if all eight trains were running the queue wouldn't be 2 hours.
Coaster tomo
Coaster tomo
Merlin's Magic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:47 pm

There was an issue with the trains stacking and the MCBR, so I think at the moment whilst it is busy they are reducing the number of likely problems by running Saw: The Ride with fewer trains.

I think they will start using all of the eight trains later in the season, but we will just have to wait and see. It certainly is affecting the queue time though. I heard it reached 3 hours one day! Shocked
Daniel
Daniel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThorpeParkUpdates Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:59 pm

yeah saw hasn't been down for about 3-4 weeks and ive seen the que at 4hrs
ThorpeParkUpdates
ThorpeParkUpdates
Merlin's Magic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielW Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Here a few videos which are played in the saw queue line/exit which I have recorded.

Just visit my YouTube channel for more videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DanielWatson06
DanielW
DanielW
Merlin's Magic Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ThorpeParkUpdates Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:42 am

Cool i haven't seen these myself because I've only been in the fastrack queue with the only thing do with saw says in blood - The point of no return, or something like that in blood, but why isn't the fastrack queue themed better because you still want them to be intimidated.
ThorpeParkUpdates
ThorpeParkUpdates
Merlin's Magic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:19 am

Many people have been saying that Gerstlauer have recently changed some of the wheels which has meant a much smoother ride. Also the ride should be running on 8 trains again with the next couple of weeks.
Daniel
Daniel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThorpeParkUpdates Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Well i've been on it once and it was as smooth as nemmy that was on 29th march and will there be extra cars on by 2nd May because I'm going then.
ThorpeParkUpdates
ThorpeParkUpdates
Merlin's Magic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielW Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:23 pm

There is something seriously wrong with sound in the queue line of Saw and the exit video can't even be heard properly. Also in the plaza area the speakers there are not working at all. Sad

DanielW
DanielW
Merlin's Magic Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ThorpeParkUpdates Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:42 am

What have the speakers popped or something and it sounds like you can hear it but it sounds german or something.
ThorpeParkUpdates
ThorpeParkUpdates
Merlin's Magic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down